As Official Opposition Shadow Secretary for Interprovincial Trade it is my job to pressure the Government to reduce barriers to trade within Canada.
A 2016 Senate Report indicated that barriers to internal trade hurts Canada’s economy by as much as $130 Billion.
As a Member of Parliament there are many ways I am able to do this including:
- A Private Members’ Motion
- Pressuring Cabinet to take action
- Using the Order Paper to ask Written Questions
- Promoting the “Free the Beer” Campaign
- Debates in the House of Commons